WHO WE ARE
We are an NGO working on the issue of Child Sexual Abuse, based out of Mumbai.
WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO
Every month numerous media reports speak of sexual abuse of children. Statistics show that 1 of every 2 children in India falls victim to child sexual abuse, across socio-economic strata, and a majority of these cases were perpetrated by someone known to the child or in a position of trust and responsibility.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We at Rubaroo believe that children should be taught how they can keep themselves safe at a young age and there should always be an open channel of communication between a child and a parent, where the child feels comfortable and safe that his/her parents are there for him/her no matter what.
HOW WE DO IT
For Children and Teenagers
Our trained counsellors conduct safety training workshop ‘My Body My Safety’ for children, teenagers; in schools, NGOs, corporates and at any place that we are requested to. We cover topics such as Gender Equality, Feelings, Boundaries, Empathy, Love with the aim to:
- make children aware of their rights,
- impart knowledge and the life skills required to recognize and prevent instances of Child Sexual Abuse
- seek help on occurrence if somebody breaks those body rules
- provide healing services to children who share emotional distress through counselling and various forms of therapy.
We also provide Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE) workshops, covering the nuances of sexuality and reproductive health (including abstract topics like healthy and unhealthy relationships, understanding gender sensitivity, consent etc) is also something we offer teenagers and young adults.
We also train adults to:
- recognize and deal with signs of child sexual abuse, and
- equip them with the necessary skills to understand and prevent such occurrences to keep the children in their vicinity safe.